In the year 203X, humanity has no future. The people live in filth, beset by constant crime, their children's minds polluted by drugs and lies. The police help only the rich and well-connected, serving the secret masters of the world - "The Dark Hand." - A secret outfit of business tycoons, media executives and government officials bent on destabilizing society, the Dark Hand is culling the population and making the globe their slave plantation. Earth is a living nightmare for 99% of its inhabitants. The other 1% live lives of unbelievable luxury, secure in their belief that they deserve to plunder the world and take everything for themselves.
Unfortunately for them, the rebel group "The Turbo Riders" will resist them to the bitter end. A rag-tag group of nobodies from the slums, angels with dirty faces, the abandoned heroes of a forgotten generation, they scavenge through the scrap heaps that surround formerly great cities, and when they can't find what they need in the trash, they steal it back from the masters that stole it in the first place. Getting their name from the lightning-fast, custom-built motorcycles they use to evade capture, the Turbo Riders are humanity's last hope, an insurgent force that survives by hiding in -- and striking from -- the shadows.
Now, after years of research and planning, the Turbo Riders have completed Project "LAZER WOLF." A complete cybernetic system of physical and mental enhancements, combined with advanced weaponry and electronic interface systems, LAZER WOLF is the ultimate warrior. But they need a volunteer ...
And Kyle Bannister has nothing left to lose. Unemployed after losing his job at the VidTech factory, his wife and children were forced to scavenge in the trash heaps to help support the family -- where they were robbed and taken from this world forever by one of the many gangs of reavers that pay off the Dark Hand for the rights to further exploit the population. The police told him to file a report. The media told him his story wasn't that special, "these things happen every day." He sought revenge against the brutal gang and nearly lost his life. Kyle was saved by the Turbo Riders, but not before the reavers shattered his body. It wasn't really a choice, but there aren't many choices in the Dark Hand's world.
Now, Kyle Bannister is LAZER WOLF! More machine and wolf than man, armed with CyberEyes (cybernetic eyes that shoot a powerful laser beam), LAZER WOLF sets out for revenge against the gang that killed his family. He rampages across the city, vaporizing every reaver in his path, slicing his way down the trail of henchmen that will lead him to those ultimately responsible for making him the inhuman thing he's become. His CyberEyes cut through any body armor. His enhanced reflexes make it seem like his enemies are moving in slow motion. His cybernetic computer-assisted brain lets him hack the networks and know where the city government's forces will be minutes before they get there. LAZER WOLF is mankind’s only hope..
The bloody trail to the end of the mystery leads, not to City Hall, but to the headquarters of the XYZ Corporation. Their bleeding-edge technology and ruthless practices make them a cornerstone of the Dark Hand conspiracy and one of the true powers that move the levers of the world. There, LAZER WOLF discovers evidence of the Dark Hand conspiracy - and, in XYZ's top-security laboratories, the technology that allowed them to take over the world -- a time travel machine!
His vapor clouds of nano-repair bots struggling to heal a thousand wounds, his lazer cells almost out of charge, his human body exhausted and hordes of corporate security already breaking through the door, there's no time for consideration. LAZER WOLF sends one last radio message to his Turbo Rider support team, sets the time machine to self-destruct, and throws himself into its time displacement beam a step ahead of the XYZ soldiers.
Now trapped in the year 1985, LAZER WOLF must track down the leader of the Dark Hand before he can complete the mission that will destroy humanity's future.
For Earth's most advanced predator, it's only a matter of time ...
Focused. Relentless. L A Z E R W O L F